Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eeeek It's not that cold! One of me 314L+ 's thinks it's -60!

Sp@ce_d

I thought it was too good to be true. The obsy's been running the better than ever before over last few months & as soon as I post my first image in absolutely yonks I've cursed it.. Just noticed the last few subs from last night had some wild temp reporting.. looks like something amiss here then :(

No its not -60 out there.. yet!

314L_temp.png.149ea1a54c6ff28370c1dd807204adf5.png314L_temp2.png.925e79ab18b657687afa767792e15eb4.png

One thing that concerns me is that you have -60 degrees temp at zero power. Have you tried warming the sensor back to normal temperature, rebooting the computer and trying again. If no joy try Artemis capture and see if you get the same results. Hopefully it may be just a blip. You could also try reloading the camera drivers.

Steve

1 hour ago, sloz1664 said:

One thing that concerns me is that you have -60 degrees temp at zero power. Have you tried warming the sensor back to normal temperature, rebooting the computer and trying again. If no joy try Artemis capture and see if you get the same results. Hopefully it may be just a blip. You could also try reloading the camera drivers.

Steve

Yes been through all the usual. It doesn't seem to be responding to any cool down or warm up instruction. Artemis reports the temp as unknown. That will also be using a different driver to the one I use with Maxim too. I have rechecked again with Nebulosity which also reports the same issue using ASCOM or the Atik Universal driver so I'm probably looking at a hardware issue. I might try a firmware re-flash. The subs actually look ok from the last couple of nights where its been intermittently reporting odd temps. I'm pretty strict with "change control" on the obsy puter so its been stable for quite some time now. It's backed up daily so I can roll back to previous state if needed. I'm going to take the laptop out & hook it up to test it out when I get a chance. The last thing will then be to swap it out with one of my others.. I'm very lucky I have accumulated 3 of these over the years although this ones the newest. As I've several projects on the go it'll be a pain realigning & getting new calibration sets to match with different sets of subs. There's always something to thwart us. This is the longest run I've had though so should be thankful.. at the end of last season the old focuser literally cracked & started to fall to bits.. :huh2: Maybe it didn't like operating at -60 :happy7:

314L_temp3.png.629d4a6c5fabc0ae6fc65f6004c7c014.png314L_temp4.png.229fa89717abad4fc2ff0227fccccbb8.png

My Atik 314L+struggles to reach -10 so no way it could ever reach -60 :grin:

Funnily enough I've just sent my Atik4000 off to Atik for a service as the reported temperature kept fluctuating wildly, £80.00 odd pounds to hopefully fix it.

Dave

On 11/27/2017 at 01:24, Davey-T said:

My Atik 314L+struggles to reach -10 so no way it could ever reach -60 :grin:

Funnily enough I've just sent my Atik4000 off to Atik for a service as the reported temperature kept fluctuating wildly, £80.00 odd pounds to hopefully fix it.

Dave

Pinged them yesterday.. very quick to respond. Quoted the same to me so I'll be sending it down to them when I get a chance. Got one of my "spare" ones hooked up last night so back in action at least with reporting -10 as usual.. not a problem to reach up here.. maybe you'd like to send yours up for a holiday to realise it's dream of reaching -10 & beyond :icon_biggrin:

Archived