NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC1396 - Smashed it! (12hrs Ha)

Uranium235

Hmmm, Im not sure if ive ever spent this much time in one spot with a Ha filter - but I thought I'd try revisiting the target I first tested the Star71 on for some extended winter exposure. Thats the great thing about this time of year... you really can give stuff a good kicking and still get to bed at a reasonable time :)

I think its pretty safe to say I wont need to add any more to this one, plus I crisped up the elephant with some 130pds data... it didnt need all that much really since I downsampled it by about 45% which made that small section pretty noise free too. I'll see if I can scrape up some OIII if the weather holds out over the next few days, otherwise its a wait until a new moon (again!).

So if you can find any noise in this.... I'll eat my socks!!! :D (fried, baked or stewed)

48x900 (Ha)

Star71, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking! :)

38611881932_d4031f503c_k.jpg

Pixel peepers: Here

And for those who dont like stars....

38588324616_b0b7ae5562_k.jpg

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent result Rob, love the "black" dusty bits, just adding stuff to ongoing targets here as they head up to the meridian.

Dave

Pretty much what I do Dave, before or after my main target I just keep adding data to other projects to keep them ticking over. Ive just finished another 2 hours on my next mosaic too... but still a long way to go on that jobbie!

8 minutes ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Nice.. I love the inky bits too. 12 hours!.. I'm soo looking forward to the SHO version then :icon_biggrin:

Ummm yeah :rolleyes: SII.... I dont own one of those.... doh! I'll just fly with a bicolour image for now, and if i've been good perhaps santa will bring me an SII for crimbo :)

33 minutes ago, AKB said:

Looks like a very effective process... any clues as to how you did that?

Firstly, I took my time to go carefully over the image with the spot heal brush in Ps and remove all large and medium sized stars  (changeing the brush size for each star). Once all those are removed and youre left with small stars, run the JP Metsävainio star removal action to zap the smaller ones. It can be found here:

https://astroanarchy.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/star-removal-ps-action.html

The only one I cant remove is the Garnet star, its just too big - and taking that out would have caused too much damage to the image.

Archived