A quick rip

jetstream

Getting firewood before bed is a bit of a ritual here and as the process began the sky was pretty freakin nice looking! Down with the wood out comes the scope. The 15" stays together and cooled so set up time including collimation is under 5 minutes.

Tonight I just took a quick rip though the sky knocking off the Little Veil, a gorgeous Crescent, twisted filamented Pickerings Wisp and company and the Pacman for warm ups. Sliding up to NGC 7331 put me right in the spot to catch the 3 members of Stephans Quintet. Upping the mag revealed the other 2 faint members (orthos). M33's spirals were nicely presented as were the dust lanes of M31. Of course the NAN was observed, with billowing structure revealed in the 15". Back over to Cass and sliding to the Scorpion revealed the Lobster Claws and much more.

Auriga was starting to emerge from behind the Pines so the dob was wheeled over to a clearing where it was unobscured. First time in what seems ages the Flaming Star was observed, man I like this one!

I closed the session with Carolines Rose, an absolute favorite, all in all not bad for an hours observing tonight!

A nice session and quite a few nebulae taken in. Stephans quintet and NGC 7331 are great to look at and I use them as a tester of transparency

Sounds like you've really nice weather over there. Wish we did :hmh:

Archived