NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7023 - The Iris nebula

swag72

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dbswales said:

Wow, if that isn't inspirational I don't know what is. Unbelievable. So much talent on this forum, its untrue! 

Thanks! Glad that you like it :) 

6 hours ago, laser_jock99 said:

Nice processing- the challenge of this object (like M42) is the brightness of the core.

Thanks!! Yes the dynamic range is something of a challenge!!! :)

That is a beautiful Iris...

I just spent 9 days at a dark site in Devon and accumulated one 10 minute sub over the whole period. At that rate, I will be in my umpteenth reincarnation before I match your data set!  And Iris will also have changed beyond recognition.

A really nice work...

This is spectacular! 

You got this "off the camera and through APP" ??? I have tried to do mine in APP but I seem to get better control in Pixinsight to bring out more detail. Do you have a tutorial on how to work on details in APP (my changes always apply to the entire image)

3 hours ago, PatrickGilliland said:

Very nice Sara - the effort paid off.  Some great detail in there.

Thank you Paddy - The best I think I can muster from skies that aren't great and a 6" telescope. 

13 minutes ago, Wiu-Wiu said:

This is spectacular! 

You got this "off the camera and through APP" ??? I have tried to do mine in APP but I seem to get better control in Pixinsight to bring out more detail. Do you have a tutorial on how to work on details in APP (my changes always apply to the entire image)

Thanks! I used APP for pre-processing, registration and integration. I also combined the colour and used the LP reduction tool. From there I went into photoshop to do my usual processing. :) 

1 hour ago, Gina said:

WOW!!!  That's a real stunner - well done Sara :)

Thanks Gina :)

1 hour ago, Hailfire101 said:

Wow. I'm actually in awe of this image!!!
If i could capture anything even 20% as good as this, I'd be over the moon.

Beautiful. Well done!

Many thanks... Very kind words :)

Archived