Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from cloudy Cheshire.

Starstrike

I first became interested in astronomy in 1962 after reading Sir Patrick's book on Amateur Astronomy. I attempted to make my first reflector from, yes, a shaving miror, all I could afford, failed miserably, then I tried a bought 4.5 inch mirror it worked, finally I made a refractor with a lens from a magnifying glass, sort of worked, but the colours. I was hooked and collected books about space and astronomy from Smith's sales. Then I had a career. Thirty eight years later I had a re-awakening and bought a scope, seven years on I now have the ultimate scope a tak. From humble beginnings!

I just love space it's fascinating and I am looking forward to continuing to explore it once the clouds part.

Regards,

Paul

Sorry Paul, I am usually late welcoming new members.

Hope you have an enjoyable stay with SGL. I enjoyed reading your mirror making efforts.

Let me know if you want to make another attempt, I may be able to give you some help, although it is a labour of devotion, otherwise, not worth starting.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :D

Archived