Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horizon: Mars

Gina

Brilliant programme, insightful and fascinating to gain understanding for the diversity of geography and extraordinary landscape features, particularly presented by the compilation of incredible images. Profiling how credible it is increasingly becoming to send humans on a Mars mission feels like it may not be too distant. 

I have longed to see a human Mars mission. Ever since the Apollo programme.

I feel that humans will not embark on such a mission until faster propulsion systems become available. Such research is ongoing. It could reduce the journey time from six months to six weeks. So humans would not suffer from prolonged radiation. And the reliabilty issues of the vessel and equipment would be minimised.

20 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

A bit "off-topic" but not 'off-title,' here's Mars' horizon and sky in true-colour.

Enjoy,

Dave

59b92300c4fe7_MarsTrueColor.jpg.cb3162d1fbb8cad2bb50cd4466ad7e27.jpg

Nice postcard Dave. Did you enjoy you holiday on Mars? Lol.

Ha ha, caught up with it last night on iPlayer, yes it was very good, not as silly as I thought it might be. Like the idea of building the habitats within old (Hope they're old :evil4:) lava tubes.

Also makes sense to send robot missions first to do the ground-work so that human explorers can get under cover quickly.

Archived