Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eclipse Programme uk? Where is it?

Fozzie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Scooot said:

Just saw the best view of the lot on sky news from the ground, really caught the atmosphere. Well done that camera man :) 

I watched on Sky News too - pretty good coverage and nice that they spent most of the time in the programme talking to kids (young and old!) about how exciting it all was. 

40 minutes ago, DRT said:

I watched on Sky News too - pretty good coverage and nice that they spent most of the time in the programme talking to kids (young and old!) about how exciting it all was. 

I was switching between sky, BBC & NASA. I liked sky better than BBC, & I lost NASA a couple of times. I was fortunate to see it from a ship in the faroes, brought back memories. I thought the coverage from the ground with the sound of the crowd helped to convey some of the excitement. I want to see another one now :) 

I've been monitoring it in a few different ways.

First view of the eclipse was of the shadow over the Pacific seen by GOES West weather sat : http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/geobrowse/geobrowse.php?sat=3&year=2017&month=8&day=21&slot=1700&ch=1&grid=0&size=2

Then over the Mid West on GOES East:http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/geobrowse/geobrowse.php?sat=4&year=2017&month=8&day=21&slot=1800&ch=1&grid=0&size=2

You might need to register for that site. Nice images though.

Then I watched airplanes hogging the centreline on www.flightradar24.com 

Now monitoring a couple of webcams in Tenerife to see I can spot partially eclipsed Sun setting.

Armchair astronomy at its very best :)

Completely cloudy here before I left at 8pm.  Now however the sky is beautifully clear.  I've just done a triathlon fitness training session in the pool though, so I'm not really up for staying out tonight.  I'm probably my very own LP source right now anyhow :D

James

Archived