Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lens missing- selling for spares......

laser_jock99

2 hours ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

If they aren't familiar with telescopes they might think it's a refractor. Looking at the background of the pics it looks to be in a junk or antiques shop.

People unfamiliar with the jargon often refer to eyepieces as lenses but on this occasion  I think you could be right. By placing the "bit you look through" at the bottom they might think the objective lens was missing. I wonder what they think the mirrors for? As has been said, a good buy for somebody.

29 minutes ago, Alfian said:

By placing the "bit you look through" at the bottom they might think the objective lens was missing.

Well spotted, I hadn't noticed that. If they've had it that way up they may not have looked down the tube and noticed the mirror, I'm intrigued now. Either we're sherlocking or curiously and nocturnally barking up the wrong tree.

1 hour ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Either we're sherlocking or curiously and nocturnally barking up the wrong tree

Some people I know who sometimes question my judgement would think "barking" was about right!

Will be a very good buy for someone. Theres a new description on the relisted version

Here is a Bresser Messier Telescope with mount

There are no eye pieces at all. there is a mirror at the end

of the tube, so am selling for parts and spares.

This is collect only from London W14 

or arrange a courier.

Thank you for looking.

Seems like they don't know how a reflector works.

Perhaps he thought there should be a lens at the end he calculated  was the front end.
That has to be the reason, as we now know he has little or no knowledge of telescopes at all.
Probably a good buy as already indicated. I said earlier that a mirror could be tailor made for the OTA.
Anyone calculated the size, it's either a 5" or 6" f8/f9??? 
My Bresser  knowledge is zilch.

Archived