NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

HOW MUCH ?!?!?!

spaceboy

I saw this the other day and thought maybe they added an extra zero by mistake? Unless it comes with some solar gubbins that I missed on that particular ad? The solar bits seem to be a separate ad and cost an extra £2,850.

Yeah I'm not sure whats going on with this ad?? Pass!

This is a classic Celestron SP C102 telescope, lens made by Vixen Japan, rare as rocking horse droppings. An era just before Vixen started producing Lenses for Celestron ED telescopes. I wouldn't send it by post though.

The price is about right, if it bore the original focuser supplied.

15 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

It is Solarscope (IoM), they are very good but not inexpensive.

Having looked through one of these (70mm I think) I agree they are amazing scopes!

The SP102M achromats are very good but not all that rare in their standard form.

This one has obviously been modified but it looks as if the mods have been mostly removed leaving that rather odd non-original focuser design. Without the solar capability I'd put it's value at £100-£150 perhaps, in it's current state.

Archived