SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Latest Cassini images - Pan

bejay1957

Thanks Bejay, remarkable and exciting to get a look at these strange looking objects.
Pan looks to me  like a squashed blown up paper bag representation of Saturn. Shows what an on mind I've got :biggrin:.
Such an achievement this Cassini mission has been, and it's a shame it is going to end.
We have to be very grateful to the Scientists, and Engineers who put this mission together,
and the subsequent acquisition of these marvellous Images, they have brought to us.
I just hope we don't get too Blase about these research projects, they cost the American, and other Nations Taxpayers a lot of Money
To get flippant in any way about their achievements.  There is much more to come.
I wish I had been born 30 years later than I was :hmh:.

Astonishing stuff!  Agreed, it will be a sad day when Cassini terminates :crybaby2:

Yes bejay1957, the ridge does look quite angular, doesn't it? It seems incredibly high and steep walled too.

Archived