NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barnard 22 & IC 2087 (Taurus) from DSW

gnomus

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

DSW does it again.......it is money well spent Mrs Gnomus.

Definitely - the only problem is that we only have one PC (other than our youngest son's ridiculous LED-fest gaming machine) that is up to processing the data, so if Steve is working on an image there is no prospect of me being able to attempt to butcher the data with my own paltry efforts! Perhaps that isn't a bad thing though?

My setup pc wise is a seconduser Lenovo T520 that I have upgraded and cloned the HDD onto an msata SSD drive.
Also added RAM to 8gig and this runs PI and PSCC no problem, it was a cheap purchase from Morgans, originally
bought for work and still used for work as well, running Office and other things.

My main pc is an HP gaming laptop that I got knocked down from Ebuyer.
8gig of ram, 120gb SSD main drive with a 1tb hdd and Geforce 950M card.
This blasts through PI and PSCC no problem.

BTW both laptops are i5 processors.

Get Mr Gnomus to shellout. :biggrin:

40 minutes ago, MrsGnomus said:

Definitely - the only problem is that we only have one PC (other than our youngest son's ridiculous LED-fest gaming machine) that is up to processing the data, so if Steve is working on an image there is no prospect of me being able to attempt to butcher the data with my own paltry efforts! Perhaps that isn't a bad thing though?

Grab his (@gnomus) attention by asking him for help to process some dust. Then point him to the vacuum cleaner. Might give you some time at the keyboard. :grin:

You've produced some great results before, if I recall correctly. So, I would very much like to see your version of some DSW data.

5 hours ago, wimvb said:

Grab his (@gnomus) attention by asking him for help to process some dust. Then point him to the vacuum cleaner. Might give you some time at the keyboard. :grin:

You've produced some great results before, if I recall correctly. So, I would very much like to see your version of some DSW data.

Your wish is my command - https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/288405-ic-2177-seagull-nebula-from-deep-sky-west/

There is no way I'll get him hoovering, though.

• 1 year later...

Archived