Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is embarrassing...

FLO

Celestron have extended their Spring Sale until the end of March :blush:

Whilst this is clearly good news it does embarrass us because, after being told mid-Feb it would NOT be extended, we posted multiple times here, at Twitter & even Facebook, advising people to place their order ASAP because the sale is about to end!

We are sorry, we didn't know. We received the email only half-hour ago. 

In our defence we were the first UK retailer to promote the Sale and to fully pass on the savings (some dealers still are not) and we continue to do so. We are also splitting bundles so mounts and OTAs are available separately. 

Here is what we know :smile: 

The sale will 'officially' end Fri March 31st... 
Celestron withdrew the Evolution series from the sale about two weeks ago then added the CPC series so please don't rely on all the items being available until the end of March.
If you see something you want we recommend you place your order as soon as you are able. 

8 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

That brand new C9.25 OTA for <£1,000 is looking very tempting ...

I think that is partly why the sale is proving so popular. Some of the savings, especially on the Celestron 925 AVX, the Advanced VX mount and some of the OTAs, are roughly what you would expect to pay for a secondhand item, but they are brand-new with two-year warranty! So if some time after the sale you decide to sell it in SGL's buy/sell section you will probably get your money back! 

I've recently picked up an older C9.25 OTA (without the XLT coatings).  One option would be to sell this to help fund a newer model.  Normally I wouldn't even consider this because the difference in performance is likely to be small, but with a much reduced price difference I am tempted ...

I thought I'd managed to resist the AVX mount, even specifically left my wallet at home so I couldn't even if I succumbed to the voice in my head... not sure I can hold out for another month, especially as it's my birthday in march too... and I've been such a good boy this year!!!

29 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

and I've been such a good boy this year!!!

The year's only young though, better get in quick before you mess up! :D

I bought my C11 Edge from FLO during the Celestron sale a few years back. One of the best buys I have made.

13 minutes ago, Tim said:

The year's only young though, better get in quick before you mess up! :D

I bought my C11 Edge from FLO during the Celestron sale a few years back. One of the best buys I have made.

Oh no your right... I was actually thinking about what a good boy I'd been last year, let alone adding in this years, thus far accrued, behaviour points...

I don't doubt that the AVX will take my lunar photography up a significant notch if I can track at higher magnifications..

2 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ...

I didn't.... it's a lovely beast, all shiny and sparkly....and stuck indoors because of this weather... but wouldn't be if it wasn't for the sale....a great saving on the price! :-)

On 28/02/2017 at 14:35, michaelmorris said:

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ...

resistance is useless............

(translated from Vogon)

Archived