Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead Ha - Esprit 120

gnomus

Following on from the 'free' widefield picture - https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/286774-free-rider-wo-star-71-and-horsehead/#comment-3142262 - here is the image through my Esprit 120.  This is 8 hours in total.  Last night we had a 'half-moon', more or less, and it was not too far away from the Horse.  The Ha subs in both the Esprit and the WO looked about the same as they had done when there was no moon about.  SGP does an Autostretch of downloaded subs.  The 'black point' of the moonless and half-moon shots were only about 100 ADU apart, which I thought was pretty good.  Rather foolishly I wasted time last night trying to get some LRGB.  A 5 min Lum sub, autostretched by SGP, had an ADU in the high 8,000s (and looked pretty horrible)!  Looks like I will have to wait for the disappearance of Moony McMoonface before taking on the LRGB acquisition.

So this is:

• Skywatcher Esprit 120
  • Astrodon 3nm Ha - 24 x 20 minute subs = 8 hours
  • QSI 690

I've tried not to go too 'extreme' with the processing:

Hax24_P2_small.jpg

Archived