Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun 29th Jan 2017

DrRobin

Hi,

I am feeling quite chuffed astronomy wise this weekend.  I have modified the baffles on my RC250TT to block a light leak which is spoiling my night time pictures, I cleaned the primary mirror and made a few adjustments to the mount and re-routed a few cables and I have managed to clean all of the dust out of my night camera so looking forwards to getting some good results next clear night.  I even sold my C11 last weekend.

Oh and apparently it was sunny today.

Sun-29-1-17-pano-c.jpg

12 pane mosaic, Zenithstar 80mm, Quark, 0.5x FR, ASI174mm

Although there was a lot of clear sky here today, the seeing wasn't up to much, still at least there are a couple of spots to have a go at, which is more than we have had recently.   Taken over a late brekkie after watching Star Wars last night.

CaK and some close ups to follow.

Thanks Steve,

This has been my first imaging session since my Xmas holiday, a combination of cloudy skies, little activity and freezing cold have all played their part.  This morning however, was different, there was some real warmth in the sun, imaging from the garage with a cup of coffee, no jacket required and slippers on the feet.

Prior to Ha, I had a go at Calcium K

Sun-Kline_290117_100029_B.jpg

Zenithstar 80mm, Lunt CaK module, ASI174mm

Forecast says clear for tonight, it is overhead at the moment, but there is enough cloud around for that to change.

Thanks guys.

Now that I take another look at the Ha, I am really pleased with how it came out.  It has stitched together perfectly and even though the contrast and features looked a little washed out on the laptop screen at the time of capture it has processed well.

Of course it has been wall to wall wind, rain and cloud ever since.

Robin

Archived