my first landscape astrophotography

hi

this is my second image on sgl

.surla milkyway widefield.jpg

i clicked this in december 29/16.was busy so i could not edit it.its a single 20 sec exposure with the tokina 11mm lense. this is also my first go.

feel free to tell your opinion about this image so i can improve. :) c and c

canon-eos-700d unmodded.

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Great start first image. If you took several images and stacked then using dss then use one image overlay for the foreground the milky way would pop out. A few flats would help with any vignetting.

ill try it in feb again happy-kat. the glow on the horizon/ behind the bush is a village on the other side of a mountain in the range.

Is that the Tokina 11-16mm zoom.  I have one of those and it is a terrific lens.  That's a nice pic and I like the way you have illuminated the bush.  You could you go longer than 20 seconds without star trails at that focal length.  500/focal length is a rough rule of thumb

3 minutes ago, MartinB said:

Is that the Tokina 11-16mm zoom.  I have one of those and it is a terrific lens.  That's a nice pic and I like the way you have illuminated the bush.  You could you go longer than 20 seconds without star trails at that focal length.  500/focal length is a rough rule of thumb

Yes, it is the 11_16 zoom lense. I like it a lot. I also kept the exposure low as I felt the glow of the horizon would come out even more. Next time I'll use some flats. 

44 minutes ago, Nova2000 said:

Yes, it is the 11_16 zoom lense. I like it a lot. I also kept the exposure low as I felt the glow of the horizon would come out even more. Next time I'll use some flats. 

Flats can be  tricky and can actually make a mess of a nice photo.  May be better to use antivignetting software such as that found in Adobe Lightroom.  Also there are profiles for your lens which can be used in Lightroom to correct distortions and chromatic aberration.   

Govt fenced the cliff. I wanted to the a waterfall along with the milkyway but it's to the east and milky way was North. 

Waiting for summer :)(Scorpio) 

On 25/01/2017 at 17:49, orion25 said:

Excellent first attempt, my friend. I wish I had access to skies that dark. Be careful not to go to the cliffs, lol!

21 minutes ago, Nova2000 said:

Govt fenced the cliff. I wanted to the a waterfall along with the milkyway but it's to the east and milky way was North. 

Waiting for summer :)(Scorpio) 

Scorpius or you'll start the pedant off :grin:

Dave

Archived