Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Soul in Ha

cfpendock

First time for imaging last night for a long time with this rig using  a reducer to give around 350mm FL at f3.6.  20 x 15minutes Baader 7mm Ha filter with Tak106 and Atik 4000 as in sig. below.  I might try for colour if we get the weather, but I'm not very impressed with what I have seen of this target for HaRGB - better in mono or narrowband, I think. Comments, criticisms much appreciated.

Chris

2nd.png

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

looks nicely processed

Thank you very much Sara.  Much appreciated.  In fact this one had minimal processing - a bit of curves and a bit of selective sharpening here and there... I have to confess that I too often over-process.

Chris

Thanks Ken.  Actually, as you can see, the framing is not at all perfect - I've missed the bottom and got too much sky at the top!  But actually I like some sky border around the various targets.  Frequently my field of view is just too narrow.  But thanks for your opinion anyway!  The bi-colour will be very much of an experiment - I haven't done one before, and I intend to put some RGB stars in as well.....

Chris

nice Ha pig there. I gotta say though, I've seen some stunning nb images of this target :) I'll try and find a link

Ah yes, here's one 

I know Sara (Swag72) has done a cracker of this too

17 hours ago, gnomus said:

Why not do both ...

Thanks, Mr gnomes.  Why not indeed.  After all the data will be there if I get RGB for the stars.  Ah yes, just remembered why not, I need a clear sky.....  

Chris

Looks good so far, but you might be waiting a while for colour... the Worcestershire weather has been rather pants for the last couple of weeks and shows no sign of improving. It "looks" clear tonight, but I didnt bother - the sky is far too "fuzzy" for my liking.

Archived