Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

FREE Lynx Astro Power Cables

FLO

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my cable yesterday as well, last night was clear but I was otherwise engaged and only wind and rain at the moment. The clearish nights that are forecast are likely to be warm (that's global warming for you) so no frost covered cables for a while at least.

Indeed these cables are extremely high quality, good sturdy connectors with decent strain relief with a generous length to allow for power to be some distance away from the connector. Purely based on a visual and tactile inspection these cables put the standard cables to shame and without hesitation I recommend that others consider purchasing them.

I look forward to it to good use as soon as possible and getting a picture of the cable in use (frost may be optional). 

As others have said, not had a chance to use this cable, and certainly not in the frost. It's been rain, wind and cloud.

The cable is certainly of a very high standard and very well made.

I would have a suggestion for a modification. That would be to substitute the straight connector to the mount for an elbow/ 90 deg one.

Picked my cable up today from Royal Mail depot. Looks a quality item. Done a test run on the Goto mount OK, but need to get it out for real under the skies to use. Forcast not looking good for tonight, but hoping Christmas Eve might be a better night to try it out and get some photos of it in use. :) 

On 23/12/2016 at 12:29, brantuk said:

Any pics of the cable in the frost yet?

We've had a couple of very clear frosty nights recently. :)

And then some, I've been putting it through its paces and it is performing admirably.

It is nice and long too so it doesn't snag when the mount has done a full 360°.

Thanks for the xmas present FLO :)

IMG_1656.JPG

Apologies for the delay but a great, big thanks to FLO for the cable.  It looks to be very  well made and I look forward to using it.  As  Alan said:

Just compared it to the standard Celestron cable and there is no comparison

I hope to be able to take some pictures very soon - as soon as I can shift this horrible cold that I seem to have had for weeks...

Andy

Archived