Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How do I add datafiles to Astrotortilla?

tohams

Now that I have Astrotortilla installed (and in use), if I add a scope/sensor, how do I add more data files w/o uninstalling/reinstalling the whole thing? I can't find an option for it. I found a setup for CygWin in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AstroTortilla\setup.exe", but every site I try says setup.ini not found. Any tips? 

Thanks!

You just put them in the same folder as the other files.

I think you can also do it by running the installer again and just installing the files.

Remember to adjust the image scale settings when you change setup.

If I understand you correctly, you don't use Astrotortilla to do it at all. It is simply a matter of downloading the extra index files you require (from here) and placing them in the same directory as the others (which you will have selected when doing your original Astrotortilla installation).

HTH

11 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

A question that's sort of along the same lines. If I only plan on imaging 1 target that I've already started, would I be able to put 1 sub in the correct file and remove the rest to speed up plate solving?

Not too sure what you are asking there, do you mean removing the data files that Astro tortilla doesn't solve with?  This can speed things up if you find it always fails on a certain set but then solves once it has moved onto the next set.

Just now, D4N said:

Not too sure what you are asking there, do you mean removing the data files that Astro tortilla doesn't solve with?  This can speed things up if you find it always fails on a certain set but then solves once it has moved onto the next set.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm asking, but removing all of them and having just 1 sub that I have taken in the folder so that's the only sub it looks up.

I'm not sure why astrotortilla would plate solve all of your images.  If you are using the open file dialogue you manually select which image to plate solve then it should sync and slew, you can then capture another image for it to solve to make sure it got to the right spot.

The data files are different, these are indices of star positions that it uses to solve the image.

It's not solving all of my images, it works perfectly fine as it is but just had a thought that may have sped up the process. Maybe I just need a faster laptop. it says solved in 40 odd seconds but it's more like 2-3 minutes. Not a big deal really.

Archived