Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All,

I've had some success with EQMod over the last couple of days and am now looking to get as accurate star alignment as I can.

I understand that platesolving is a great way to centre and correct with star alignment and have been following the tutorial shown here.

Annoyingly, I can't open AstroTortilla despite uninstalling and reinstalling I'm always presented with a dialogue box stating:

"The logfile 'C\program Files (x86)\AstroTortilla.exe.log' could not be opened: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\AstroTortilla\\AstroTortilla.exe.log'".

I've tried to run this as administrator from program files which gives me the following dialogue:

"See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\AstroTortilla\AstroTortilla.exe.log'

This file does not exist.

Has anyone had this issue before? I've run a search on Google for the error as outlined below but I can't see anyone else has had this specific error.

I believe AstroTortilla is no longer in active development, so there might be compatibility issues on new systems. I used to have it installed with BYEOS for plate solving, but have switched to ASTAP now.

If you manage to get AstroTortilla running, you will need to update Cygwin to the latest version as the included one is very very old. However doing so would require you to re-compile astrometry.net in Cygwin. If you need the instructions on how to re-compile astrometry.net in Cygwin, let me know. I've written down the steps when I did it myself before.

Edited by KP82
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

i see your previous post you ate using APT then try davids tutorial and use ASTAP as the solver ,never used astrotilla myself so cant help there .

Fantastic tutorial, thanks for this. Have worked through now so just waiting for the skies to part to test in APT.

4 hours ago, KP82 said:

I believe AstroTortilla is no longer in active development, so there might be compatibility issues on new systems. I used to have it installed with BYEOS for plate solving, but have switched to ASTAP now.

If you manage to get AstroTortilla running, you will need to update Cygwin to the latest version as the included one is very very old. However doing so would require you to re-compile astrometry.net in Cygwin. If you need the instructions on how to re-compile astrometry.net in Cygwin, let me know. I've written down the steps when I did it myself before.

Thanks for this. Decided to use the platesolving method within APT as mentioned above.

• Like 2