NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

No stargazing for me for a while

wimvb

13 minutes ago, Alan White said:

A little sprinkling of snow should not stop you;

Really :laugh2:  (I am joking by the way!)

It wouldn't normally, but the fluff just keeps on falling. I fear that the guiding scope would start guiding on snow flakes. :icon_clown:

16 minutes ago, LukeSkywatcher said:

Worried about 20" of snow?.

You sure that you are  a Swede!!!!.

LOL..........here in Ireland if we get 2" of it.........the airports close down.

P.s.~~Sweden is now one of my top 3 countries to visit. I was there last August.

1. No, not while it's on the gound. It's the falling that keeps me from stargazing/imaging. The cold doesn't bother me either, it makes for low noise imaging conditions. But I do wonder if the belt drive in my AZ-EQ6 will withstand the -25 C we may get later. (At the moment it's just about -1 C)

2. Actually, I'm sure i'm NOT a Swede. I'm Dutch. :headbang:

3. We only get the annual meetings of the summer tires club.

Summer-Tires-Club.jpg

For some reason, Swedes are always surprised when first snow falls every winter.

4. Which are nrs 1 and 2? (BTW, Jaunary and February can be excellent AP months "up here". If skies are clear, imaging sessions are loooong.)

Cheers,

23 minutes ago, Knight of Clear Skies said:

Is that a dog or some kind of terrier/abominable snowman crossbreed?

She's a Cairn Terrier - her Scottish ancestry might answer your question though :)  They have a double coat giving good protection in cold weather and there's nothing she likes better than rooting about in deep snow.

ChrisH

Archived