SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problems focussing Skywatcher 250 Flextube

Hi Guys,

Two days ago a mirracle has happened and I received a gift from my miss - the SkyWatcher 250 GOTO!!! (I call him R2-D2 :) )

My pants are still full of happyness ;)

However, during these two days I cannot get focus.

I have checked collimation tutorials (without laser, as I have not got one) nad this is what I have (please see the pic).

My cap hole is in the centre of the ring of the primary mirror, but it does not look perfect.

Is it good enough to get correct focus? or, alrenitevely, - should I try to collimate?

if it is good enough, I have no focus on the neighbour house roof top which is aproximately 500 meters away (using 25mm default eye peace).

P.S 

I made a hole on the EP cap and placed some tinfoil inside for contrast.

20161023_090732.jpg

13 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Are you using both adaptors in the focuser at the same time? You need one or the other but not both, read further up this thread for more info.

No, just one, I tried both EP I have (25mm and 10mm) without any result.

2 hours ago, RolandKol said:

No, just one, I tried both EP I have (25mm and 10mm) without any result.

OK, you say you can't achieve focus, does the eyepiece need to move further in or out to get a sharp image?

Or is it that you are moving the focused in or out and tgr image gets sharper and sharper but them goes fuzzy again without becoming fully sharp? 

21 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

Are you using both adaptors in the focuser at the same time? You need one or the other but not both, read further up this thread for more info.

Not sure why I said read further up this thread for more info! I got me threads mixed up I think! 

Collimation won't affect the ability to reach focus unless it's really miles out. Yours is pretty close. Getting it spot on will just mean that you get the optimum resolution and contrast when the seeing conditions allow. Yours is good enough to get a good sharp image with the scope.

It's possible that an object 500m away is just to close for the scope to reach focus. Astro scopes are designed to view objects that are virtually at infinity. Try the scope on the stars :icon_biggrin:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for HELP!!!

Problem Solved!!!!

Yes, it was very silly one, - Extention...

That model clicks then you extend it and I stopped stretching it on the First Click, and I always extended it up to this click, but ...

It extends even more and clicks once again...

Crazy... I was almost sure I got a faulty one...

I do have focus on the roof with both EP!

Thank you again!

I was going to ask if you had double clicked but it seems you have found this out by yourself.

Enjoy the scope and to help with setup and tracking make sure the base is level and that you use an accurate location and time. If you download an app called synscanit then it will give you the details you need ..... and its free.

Cheers

Archived