NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My Most Detailed Mosaic Ever in Very Good Seeing

cshahar

These images were taken on the 11th of October of ARs 2599 & 2600. Although the seeing for the first part of the session (when I did the animations) was very variable, it improved considerably when I did imaging for mosaics (4-4.5/5). Here are the results. The first mosaic is likely the best one I have ever rendered. Please click for best views.

-Charles

1 Mosaic1.jpg

2 Mosaic2.jpg

3 Mosaic Square1.jpg

4 Mosaic Strip1.jpg

5 093519_g5_ap1235_conv.jpg

6 x101412_g5_ap1203_conv.jpg

7 x102327_g5_ap1218_conv.jpg

8 x102741_g5_ap1214_conv.jpg

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it.

Dave, I would say it is a combination of very good seeing, a 0.4A filter and me finally figuring out how to optimize my equipment. Thankfully, in North America we have the Deep Sky Chart which predicts good seeing, actually better than it predicts cloudy versus clear weather. I wish there was something like that available for European imagers. i don't even bother going out if the seeing is predicted to be poor (1-2/5). Also, I am really picky about what I keep. I have thrown out about 5 whole sessions this summer because the results just didn't measure up.

-Charles

Archived