Walking through time

DaveS

Very good prog, showing how geological detective work can uncover something nobody would have thought was there. I like how 500 my old rocks are "recent" in this landscape!

Helps that Tori is a very engaging presenter. I think I'll watch the others in this series.

Interesting program.

Just shows how tough and extremely resilient life is.

Seems to me, with each near extinction event, life appears to have gained sooo much, in that it's so far moved on to ever differing levels that have so far resulted in our existence. Without those near extinction events we for sure would not exist.

hmmm, I wonder what kind of conclusion we could draw from that (willing allowed) ?

Great programme. Reminded me of just how beautiful the NW Highlands of Scotland are ( I once did a six-week mapping project around Ullapool for my geology degree).

One thing puzzled me though - it wasn't explained just how those ejecta 'wedges' which pointed back to the impact site were emplaced. 

29 minutes ago, Tomjo59 said:

One thing puzzled me though - it wasn't explained just how those ejecta 'wedges' which pointed back to the impact site were emplaced. 

Yes, at times I'd have liked a little more detail on the evidence and to fill out the why that evidence supports a given conclusion.  I'd have liked a little more clarity on the gravity "hole" too.  That all seemed to get a bit hand-wavey and unconvincing the way it was presented.  I guess that's a compromise they make in trying to make a programme that will appeal to a wider audience.

An interesting programme overall though.

James

Archived