Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few from Monday 29th

Zakalwe

Wonderful images! I had Newtons Rings, even with the tilt adapter, until someone here suggested aligning the tilt with the long side of the sensor, and I haven't had the problem since.

Iain 

10 minutes ago, Iainp said:

Wonderful images! I had Newtons Rings, even with the tilt adapter, until someone here suggested aligning the tilt with the long side of the sensor, and I haven't had the problem since.

Iain 

Thank you.

Thats the way that I have mine aligned...tilt axis along the long axis of the sensor.

I was messing with my new ASI1600 so was fiddling with things. That camera has a LOT of potential, but I need to tune out the horrendous NRs and reflections that I was getting. When I swapped back to the ASI174 camera I had obviously disturbed something as I normally don't get NRs when using the tilt adapter. More fettling needed!

Nice discs Stephen.  Those damn Newtons Rings have sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of solar imaging for me.  I got hold of a tilt adjuster (the Rowan one).  I was able to reduce the rings (I have a Quark on an ED80), but this was at the expense of losing focus over one side of the disc.  

10 hours ago, gnomus said:

Nice discs Stephen.  Those damn Newtons Rings have sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of solar imaging for me.  I got hold of a tilt adjuster (the Rowan one).  I was able to reduce the rings (I have a Quark on an ED80), but this was at the expense of losing focus over one side of the disc.  

Thanks Steve.

Newtons Rings....they can be a pig. Thats the cost of the new big sensor CMOS-chipped cameras. The strange thing is that some ZWOs apparently don't get them too bad. Typically, both of mine are infested with them!

Sucks to be me!

Archived