Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Perseids tonight 11-12 August

ringz

It was certainly cloudy for me early on - so I thought I would have a short nap before checking a bit later.

You know how this ended - don't you....!

So, forecast shows clear up to about midnight, so will be getting the sun-loungers out, the camera set up and a glass of something red and fruity!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm out anl looking up. Looks like thin high cloud has come over just as the moon is setting. Seen 4 bright meteors though but it's looking increasingly dire.

Will keep at it though.

5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Set the DSLR up, just seen one heading from Perseus down to the eastern horizon so still a few about by the sounds of it, sky clear here ATM.

Dave

Good luck Dave! :) 

Well, I think that's it for tonight. Sitting here with a big mug of chocolate but the thin cloud loks to being replaced by the real thick stuff.

Hoping you get something Dave, as it's heading your way.

Well I did see one last meteor, fast and slightly blue. Must have been pretty bright to be visible through the LP and high cloud.

When I first went out I could just see 4 or 5 stars in UMi and the main stars of Lyra, with the Moon low in the south. As the night went on though the sky deteriorated with the cloud.

2 minutes ago, Amyb said:

I was really lucky had mostly clear skies where i live. Was very beautiful the first time i had seen anything like it :)

You were indeed lucky, from here it was the best showing for many years.

Just looked through 400 images from last night and all I  found was a couple of satellites :grin:

Dave

Archived