Hello from Italy!

Ab Umbra Lumen

Helllo everyone!

Glad to join the forum, which is always been a faithful companion of great information.

After stargazing with binoculars, I have stacked up enough to finally get my first more serious equipment (for which I'll need some advice, will open a post in the appropriate section).

Allthough living close to Venice (nice city, but terrible sky) I spend quite some time at my place in the Dolomites (about 1400m alt.), where many times a year there is a superb sky, that sky that just leaves you stunned, even without any equipment, captured by the sheer beauty of the stars up there. So, well, the time has come to upgrade, and get a tiny closer to those beauties :-)

Happy stargazing!

Cool! I come from Venice too! Small world! :) 

Yeah, light pollution is quite severe over there but the sky is generally steady, so it's not bad at all for those bright targets which can take high magnifications! Of course, if you can go to the Dolomites, you'll be well served! 

Have fun and welcome to SGL!  

Piero

On 2016/8/6 at 22:03, Ab Umbra Lumen said:

Helllo everyone!

Glad to join the forum, which is always been a faithful companion of great information.

After stargazing with binoculars, I have stacked up enough to finally get my first more serious equipment (for which I'll need some advice, will open a post in the appropriate section).

Allthough living close to Venice (nice city, but terrible sky) I spend quite some time at my place in the Dolomites (about 1400m alt.), where many times a year there is a superb sky, that sky that just leaves you stunned, even without any equipment, captured by the sheer beauty of the stars up there. So, well, the time has come to upgrade, and get a tiny closer to those beauties :-)

Happy stargazing!

Welcome! I like Avalon tripod and HPRC cases from Italy!

Archived