Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sorry

martin_h

Although I enjoy wide angle imaging, sometimes I look at peoples work and wish I could do that as well, one of my first ever astro images was M57 taken with a rubbish camera through a C8, I want to image that again!

Telescope has just this minuet arrived - on the shoulder of the delivery guy! " Be careful its heavy" he said thumping it down on my door mat, ho hum!

I will unbox it when the rest of the bits and bobs arrive.

Hope you get a cracking Image of The Ring Neb. next time Martin. It transits tonight at 11:45, but of course you won't be ready, as more parts are pending.
Plenty of time to get fully prepared though, we're all anticipating an Image of APOD quality, so take all the time you need to get set up.
Good Luck, but you don't need it, You, plus that scope are more than enough for success to be a formality :happy11:.
What camera will you be using Martin?

2 hours ago, barkis said:

Hope you get a cracking Image of The Ring Neb. next time Martin. It transits tonight at 11:45, but of course you won't be ready, as more parts are pending.
Plenty of time to get fully prepared though, we're all anticipating an Image of APOD quality, so take all the time you need to get set up.
Good Luck, but you don't need it, You, plus that scope are more than enough for success to be a formality :happy11:.

Sticking with the QHY9 for the moment.

On 26/07/2016 at 15:52, barkis said:

1st light -  sort of, unexpected clearish spell last night, so quickly threw it all together, out of focus and only 10 seconds, but it all works!

ring test.jpg

Thar she blows :icon_biggrin:.
That smoky ionised gas  Ring always looks such a serene object.
I quite like Mono pics of most deep sky objects, but m57 does suit a colour dressing.
I'm sure once you have everything setup fully, you'll get around to that.
Great start for a quickie though. You will be pleased you got the chance from the weather point of view.

Archived