Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mounting Binoculars Help Required

Help needed please members. My new Williams Optics bins have arrived, Having looked at the fittings and gently tried to remove the front covering plate to fit the mounting bar that came with the bins this front plate does not appear to move. Any advice greatfully received. Thanks for reading.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi, I don't have this model of binocular but on every set I have (too many) the cover is unscrewed anti clockwise - the thread attached to the cover matches that of the mounting bar you mention so the cover screws on and off in the same way.   Perhaps you could try wrapping insulation tape around some pliers to smooth the jaws and avoid damaging the binos mounting point cover and try giving the cover a 'tweek' with them.

Good luck!

runoffshed is correct: the cover (with the WO logo on) unscrews anticlockwise. Make sure there's no grease on your fingers, so you can get a good grip (or use "grippy" gloves or a strip of grippy mat).

By the way:

It looks like you're using the plastic tripod-adapter that usually is supplied free with many sets of binoculars. This may work fine with your WO 8 X 50mm's. But I found them rather shaky on some binocs's I've fitted. If so for you, other ones are available on the market, notably metal one's made for heavier models.

One of those you have came with some Celestron 15 X 70's. Those are a disaster-in-waiting with those! :D

Enjoy,

Dave

On 23/07/2016 at 02:14, Dave In Vermont said:

By the way:

It looks like you're using the plastic tripod-adapter that usually is supplied free with many sets of binoculars.

That looks to me more like the metal one that comes with BA8s, Lunts, etc; I have several and prefer them to any other except the UA one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up Steve :icon_salut:.  I just checked and several of mine were actually more loose than I expected, which surprised me as I know I definitely made a point of tightening them when purchased. Something to watch!

The Amazon Basics tripod and pistol grip head (Still available for £50) is amazing value for the price and one of my most used set ups!

Archived