Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Very rough Eastern Veil

DaveS

Only an hour's worth of data, and with a near full moon too. There's still a bit of tilt in the camera to get rid of, and a huge dust bunny (Curse of the Were-Rabbit more like), but it was good to do *any* imaging after the rubbish weather we've had lately.

TBH the previous two nights were better but I wasted too much time faffing. Well, here it is:

1 Hour trial stack.png

A couple of histogram stretches and a touch of LPF to get rid of the worst of the noise.

Need to do a clean-up of my imaging train.

Megrez 90, 0.8FR IV, 3nm HII Astrodon, Trius 694, temperature -23 from the readout. Guiding in PHD2 with the ST90 / QHY5 II. Capture and post in AA5.

Nice moonlight image Dave, only two nights faffing about ? I've been faffing with the 10Micron for 2 weeks, just going to take the first proper image last night at about 1,30am and it clouded over, looking hopeful for later.

Dave

No imaging for me tonight. Taken the HEQ5 off the pier ready for Rupert from Astrograph to deliver the DDM60 tomorrow (I hope).

As expected the sky quality has been going downhill these last few days. Sun was very transparent, then less so on Mon, and marginal for imaging yesterday so I have little hope for tonight, and Thu looks to be cloudy again.

Edit: I should add that I had a 2 hour sequence set up in AA5, 12 x 10min subs but cloud was coming over during the last sub, then PHD2 started bonging, so I called it a night, as the cloud was huge, and moving slowly.

Need a clear night to do a hundred point plate solve and then try a long sub just to see if it works as advertised, let us know how you get on with the DDM60, Rupert was trying to get me to buy one :)

Dave

Good luck with the plate-solve. Tonight should be good enough for that. The DDM60 Pro I'm getting is their demonstrator, so if you were at Astrofest you'd have seen it working, slewing an improbably large 180 APM apo around.

Now to get to grips with Maxim DL and Pinpoint. Guess when I bought them? Yeah, right :BangHead:.

2 minutes ago, DaveS said:

Now to get to grips with Maxim DL and Pinpoint. Guess when I bought them? Yeah, right :BangHead:.

After Brexit ? lucky I bought the 10Micron when I did, wasn't going to bother until nearer the Autumn :)

Dave

Got it in one, squire! :D .

Fortunately I paid my deposit on the mount well before the vote, so my overall saving on that bag of bolts would pay for a nice little triplet apo!:D

Archived