Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'north america'.
Found 4 results
I've been less active lately in this hobby, but I've a few images done, others waiting in the pipeline to be processed. This is a "crowded" area of our Milky Way galaxy, visible all summer from the northern hemisphere. The Cygnus constellation is home of many named and nameless nebulae. Starting from the left (North), below the brightest star, Deneb, the Pelican and the North America Nebulae are very popular; going to right, just below the brightest star close to the center of the image, Sadr, lies the Gamma Cygni Nebula. A bit towards the top-right there's the Crescent Nebula and going forward top-right, there's the Tulip Nebula. Finally, at the bottom-right corner, the Veil Nebula, a super nova remnant. All these are surrounded by shiny gaseous filaments or dusty patches blocking the light. I started this during the pandemic lockdown. All of the data was captured from my hometown from a balcony brightly lit by a sodium street lamp, but the narrowband filters did their job well, blocking successfully the sodium emission. A total of 23 hours is made of 2x3 panels composed in a larger mosaic, each panel consisting in about 1h of exposure for the red Hydrogen and 3h of exposure for the cyan Oxigen, all through a Sigma 105 macro stopped at F/4, ASI1600MMC with 6nm Astronomik filters. I'm planning to shoot RGB data too and make an RGB/HOO composition. Cheers and clear skies! astrobin link: https://www.astrobin.com/r22yre/ flickr link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/170274755@N05/49939128338/
Here is the North American Nebula in the Hubble pallet and HA. I'm still a relative novice to the Hubble pallet adjustment and didn't want to overcook it? Most probably it can be pushed a little further? The image was capture using the trusty ST10 and the BabyQ FSQ85 over the course of this month. I have been battling with the weather to complete this before my holidays start tomorrow!!! 12x 800sec HA 17x 600sec OIII (2x2binned) 15x 600sec SII (2x2binned) I binned the OIII and SII since these are very weak in the nebula and don't contribute much in the way of detail. The HA data has been used as the GREEN channel and also a Luminance channel for the final image. The HA data is a little wider since I have had some small alignment issues between sessions, still setting up and tearing down my kit each night / session This is the alternative colour schema, I suppose that there is no wrong or right colour schema its just down to your personal preference? Which one do you like?
In June, I managed to get just over 11 hours data for an SHO Pelican Nebula. SGP's Framing & Mosaic wizard makes it relatively straightforward to plan mosaics built upon an existing image. This, therefore, is a two-panel mosaic of the North America and Pelican nebulae in SHO captured using my dual WO Star 71 Rig. Details WO Star 71 x 2 Moravian G2-8300 x2 Mix of Astrodon and Chroma filters Ha - 32 x 12000s = 10 hours 40 mins OIII - 24 x 1200s = 8 hours SII - 24 x 1200s = 8 hours That's 26 hours 40 mins total I built the mosaic using a trial version of AstroPixel Processor. (I also did it in PixInsight, but APP seemed to give me more usable area on the combined panels.)
Hello! I'm from Hungary. This is my first post. I am glad to be here. Recently I'm trying to sketch some deep-sky objects. I've made this observation yesterday. Cygnus was near to the zenith and the sky was pretty dark. NGC 7000 is one of my favourite target. I like to observe it with any telescopes, especially with RFTs and with UHC filter. Please excuse my language errors. Gyuri