Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unveil the Veil - NGC6960 NGC6992 - Veil Nebula complex

Elp

So, finally got around to utilising my dual rig which has taken me a while to get all the bits together over a few years and test and use. I put it together to speed up image acquisition utilising what equipment I had at hand, I wasn't using my DSLR much so thought I could utilise it to gather RGB whilst my astro cam can gather other data. Working with the wonderful vintage Takumar lenses and the Samyang 135 I was able to put together an image which I've been wanting to do as a widefield shot, so why not capture the entirety (or most of) the Veil Nebula complex.

Using the DSLR has caused problems which other SGL members have thankfully offered advice which I'll apply in the future, the data does make for a noisy image but combined with the mono data I think it's turned out okay considering its my first time imaging this in a complete project run. The Takumar lens also produced decent results, not Samyang level but great considering the price difference. Short exposure time total, I think I will do this again sometime at higher resolution.

First time using Siril and its great for pre-processing data.

Comments welcome, I know it's not perfect but I quite like it.

627445323_NGC6960NGC6992-VeilNebula-10-12July2022-doimg-Copy.thumb.jpg.f8c0d9e93f59c2bb11a01c454f4f0311.jpg

• Like 6