Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

July 15th - H Alpha - Clutching at Straws !!!

paulastro

Ok, I apologise, but this is my 28th day running observing the sun and taking some pics, so I was determined to get something today.  I also was out for the day so didn't have much time.  All the pics were taken through cloud earlier this morning.  I don't feel quite so guilty posting them as currently no-one else has posted an HA disk today, unless I missed it.  All taken at 7.15 am +/- a couple of minutes with the Lunt 60 DS and Olympus E-M10 at 500 asa and exposures of between 1/6 and 1/13 sec.  There were two reasonable prominences, (one it the W and one in the E) but they don't show up on these images.

P7151082a.jpgP7151093b.jpgP7151081a.jpg

P7151059a.jpg

13 hours ago, bunnygod1 said:

A very very respectable image considering the conditions Paul, I think you must be the "Zen master" of Solar imaging in awful conditions :hello2:

Many thanks Pete, I'll take that as a compliment - I think :icon_biggrin:.  Of course, it may just be that other folk have more sense than to attempt imaging in such rotten conditions!  Another factor may be that I always do a disk drawing from my images to put in my observing book, so it doesn't matter so much if they are pretty pictures (though it's nice if I ever get any!!!)  as long as I can capture the features to put on the drawing.  Zen master, mmm, it makes it sound as if I know what I'm doing, I like it!!  :icon_biggrin:

7 hours ago, cshahar said:

Paul, still enough details to get a sense of what is going on with the sun, for us buggers who have been clouded-out.

-Charles

Many thanks Charles.  I hope you are having better luck today.  I'm away from home without my equipment and the sun is threatening to come out, aaarrrggghhhh, it's torture!  I'm hoping I may get some sun later this afternoon when I get home.

Archived