Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First M16 with DSLR

My first DSO imaging for what seems like ages and was quite excited to have M16 on view for me for the first time. Unfortunately, the seeing was not good and I only managed 8 X 5min subs before the clouds rolled in and I moved to image M39.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty pleased with this, even though its only 40 mins total exposure. Hope to return to this again but the layout of my garden means I have a short window to image this.

8 X 5min, iso 1600, bias and flats, DSS, PS, heavily cropped.

M16.png

21 hours ago, wimvb said:

Great image of this famous target; well done!

The background seems a bit green to me, but it should be easy to correct this in PS.

Thanks for sharing,

Thanks Wim,

I got over the green tinge by cropping it all out! :headbang:

Anyway, had a good crop and played about with the colours and produced a more vivid and colourful version that I think I just about got away with!

Amazing what you can do with with 40 minutes of data on a low down target affected by bad seeing. That's what I like about this hobby, sometimes everythings in your favour and you end up with rubbish and sometime you get a lovely image against all the odds. :icon_biggrin:

M16 crop and coloured.png

41 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

Try and move to somewhere a bit nearer it, the view is good from Mars ? ! 

Actually, the far side of the moon is better. Eternal cloudless skies, no atmosphere to cause bad seeing, nights are half a month long.

23 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Actually, the far side of the moon is better. Eternal cloudless skies, no atmosphere to cause bad seeing, nights are half a month long.

Whats property prices like. Also... is it part of the EU? I'm kind missing it already and wouldn't mind moving back.?

2 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

Whats property prices like. Also... is it part of the EU? I'm kind missing it already and wouldn't mind moving back.?

i own an acre of moon my kidds got it for me 2 christmas ago lol but its on the light side :sad2:

Archived