Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion XT10i intelliscope help

Hi ,  I have an Orion XT8g which is the goto version and the 2 star alignment is a bit different than the Intelliscope but I have read the manual for it and it is very important that the scope base is dead level and the vertical stop is correctly adjusted for the system to have any accuracy.

How is your knowledge of the night sky, can you identify two bright stars to use for alignment that are on the controllers list of alignment stars, if not then you will need to get a good star atlas or planisphere and start to familiarise yourself the  constellations and the brighter stars in them. Also you can download  Stellarium on your PC or Mac, it's  free planetarium software that is very helpful to learn the night sky

I am sure there are many on here who own Intelliscopes that can give you more detailed advice on setting it up. Don't give up!

Archived