NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Whitelight 4 May 2015

Stub Mandrel

Gorgeous weather today for most people but I can't help being nervous about high haze :-(

Still I got 200 subs at 1/2000 sec of a very calm sun. AS!2 refused to stack it properly but Registax came up trumps this time. Not too bad, but a bit crinkled at the edge. Looks like we may have a big spot on show to accompany Mercury if we get a clear day Monday!) Now Mercury cruising over a big sunspot - that would be ace!

Solar 4 May 2016 Whitelight.jpg

48 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shot Neil,yer the new spot looks great, it was the first thing i spotted when doing vis thismorrning. thanks charl. ps it looks like two spots in vis.

It's a nice group, actually there are three spots in it that I could see this morning. Looks promising for the next week.

What has interested me is that because I took two runs, one at 200ASA and one at 800, I can compare the subtle pale patches and lines. As he most significant of them are on both images I can assume they are real!

Archived