Recent holiday in Cornwall

I got back recently from my annual week with all (yes, all!) my in-laws. Luckily I got a few nights out with my cameras :) I've attached a few of the shots on here.

We were staying in Gillan Cove which is on the Lizard near the Helford River and about 10 miles from Falmouth. The skies are pretty good there :) Mostly taken through a Canon 6D and a 14mm Samyang lens, the second picture was through a Canon 70D and a fisheye lens.

The area is well worth a visit anyway but the dark skies are an extra pull!

Gillan Cove

IMG_0394.png

The view from St Anthony-in-Meneages (across the water from Gillan and Flushing Coves

IMG_0491.png

From Gillan Cove looking east.

IMG_5053.png

The view from St Anthony-in-Meneages again (across the water from Gillan and Flushing Coves

StAinM.png

I need to work on how my exported pics aren't looking the same as they do on my screen here before export...

James

Thank you you for the comments folks - I've spared you all the daytime shots largely due to family members, in particular my nephews habit of constantly photobombing the pictures!

I've had three years there where we've had at least two clear nights - at the risk of tempting fate next year I think I should take the scope down too..

Hehe... realised last night as I was trying to work out what a green smudge was on my pics (there's a house with great big spot lights on the other side of the river) and worked out it was Comet 252P/Linear :)  I've outlined it in red :)

I'm enjoying inadvertently finding comets in my images... I just need to work out how to do it quicker than 4 months after everyone else...

StAinM.png.b1c3800686dc7127be5a4192a55b7276.png

Archived