NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick! Duck & Cover! Planet 9 Is After Us!

Dave In Vermont

I had to toss a coin to make up my mind on where to post this - here? Or the 'Other Lounge'.....

It appears the New York Post here in the US is running a story citing a "top scientist" who says 'Planet 9' is about to bombard the Earth with comets and kill us all! It goes onto say that it was 'Planet 9' that wiped out all life on Earth a few million years ago. It also claims that 'Planet 9' was truly 'discovered' back in January. That was enough for me!

So I thought I'd share this 'science' with SGL-readers. Please do understand the context of the New York Post: Millions of people not only read this rag, they actually believe it's the truth! Here's a link:

http://nypost.com/2016/04/06/newly-discovered-planet-could-destroy-earth-any-day-now/

Now I must go check my jar of mayonnaise. I think I saw Elvis Presley in the blue-mold that's growing in it.....

Shaking head <rattle, rattle>,

Dave

Thanks for your post.

Newspaper should learn to break the news carefully, if the presumptions are not solid facts. Like a few days ago, our Norwegian newspaper had an article about a small company around the corner of our house that managd to make cold fusion, the solution for the climate problem. I think they presented it in an okay way, telling about the scientific results, the onscientific results and the fact that the compnay was looking for others to copy their experiments.

This planet 9 theory is related to something I heard about a few days ago as well. Earth had masse extentions in specific intervals. This could in theory be caused by a planet 9 that causes astroids to be pushed our way. But this is purely a theory in a very early stage. Not something to present as a solid fact and something to watch out for on short notice. Maybe it's not true at all.

48 minutes ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Now I must go check my jar of mayonnaise. I think I saw Elvis Presley in the blue-mold that's growing in it.....

Shaking head <rattle, rattle>,

Dave

I recently saw a distinct profile of Queen Victoria, headgear and all, marked out by trunks and branches in the copse behind my house.

Didn't look amused.

Doug.

Since it is supposed to have a 22,000year orbit period, would that not imply that every 22,000 years we would experience either one peak or two peaks of comet bambardment anyway? Each time it came back to skim through the belt of comets it would cause disturbance and so scatter a few each and every way.

Would therefore have thought that by aging comet crater ages they would have fair evidance one way or anther, there should be reoccuring maximums at periodic intervals.

Anyway we over here have little to worry about, those rogue comets always go for LA, San Francisco, or New York. :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, ronin said:

Anyway we over here have little to worry about, those rogue comets always go for LA, San Francisco, or New York. :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

That, and according to the movies they move at the pace of a geriatric biplane, so they couldn't do that much harm. With any luck, Godzilla will arise from the deep (or Kraken, or <insert monster of choice here>), and swat the pesky things back into space

2 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Not to worry Dave - Elvis was reborn in 1994 as a horse we now love dearly and is enjoying the equine equivalent of the good life. He still sings "Teddy Bear" occasionally, and that's fine with us, though we tend not to encourage it in the company of...well, anyone, really.

You might want to pitch the mayo, though...

15 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

That, and according to the movies they move at the pace of a geriatric biplane, so they couldn't do that much harm. With any luck, Godzilla will arise from the deep (or Kraken, or <insert monster of choice here>), and swat the pesky things back into space

Godzilla too was reborn as one of our horses...but we don't like to talk about that.

3 hours ago, Dave In Vermont said:

Please do understand the context of the New York Post: Millions of people not only read this rag, they actually believe it's the truth!

Remarkably similar to a Minoan museum; everywhere you look, you see bull...

those "space scientists" are at it again.

"Published by the Sun" was the first thing that caught my eye too, which makes me want to do exactly what you should do with The Sun: Buy it, fold it up, put it on the dashboard of your white van never to be read.

However, I do find these things quite entertaining. If you google the scientist's name, you can find proper articles about this; turns out he predicted, about 30 years ago, a planet that has a 27 million year orbit that could have been the cause of the dinosaur killing asteroid ejection into the inner solar system, and since this new "discovery", he has made a tentative link that it could be related to his predicted plant, but I don't think he really believes it, and Mike Brown (the Planet Nine discoverer) certainly doesn't. But, hey ho, this sounds like a good story if only we can make the apocalyptic leaps that the professionals (for very good reason) don't make.

Archived