Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Image - Upscaled Celestron C8

Virgoman

Hi all. Just posting a rescaled version (employing 1.5x Drizzle in Autostakkert 2). This was kindly suggested by  Neil Philips (Cheers Neil!) and I don't think it has come out too bad. This data was acquired during an all too brief period of reasonably steady seeing on the evening of the 24th February (compared to the rubbish I have had and am having recently). Nothing recently and was gutted to have missed the double transit - cloud shortly followed by rain here......ah well..onward and hopefully upward. Thanks very much for looking and have a great weekend with....clear skies!! Anyway image attached. Celestron C8 and ZWO120MM with Baader LRGB filters and Tal x2 barlow.

Best regards,

Ralph

(ix)LABELLED.png

Easier to see the fine detail in the upscale Ralph.

If I had to pick hairs I would say be careful of the Equatorial zone, with the levels and sharpening, it looks like its clipping a tad. Its easy done. As soon as you see that brightening, its good to pull back a little Other than that nice resample. You got some good tight data in there

Good Job

Thanks very much Pat, Stuart and Neil. Lol! Stuart....he will be pleased..:laugh2:!! Cheers Neil thank you for that - spot on. I noticed when tweaking it is very easy to blow it out. Fine line as with much of this game - often less is more! Once again thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Ralph

...and sorry Pat!.......yes the software does have a region of interest option. I use Firecapture - which I find brilliant!

Regards,

Ralph

4 minutes ago, Virgoman said:

...and sorry Pat!.......yes the software does have a region of interest option. I use Firecapture - which I find brilliant!

Regards,

Ralph

I found the ROI gave me (not the same cam tho) 320x320 smaller,image but less  back ground and more,detail to play with good luck I look forward to you next set of images 

pat

Many thanks Pat, laudropb and Simon. Cheers Simon, I am pleased with how it has turned out. Clear skies to all.

Regards,

Ralph

Archived