Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter rework best from last year

si@nite

Ive reprocessed maybe my best avi runs from april last year taken in good steady seeing, ive been experimenting with some different processing methods, the second shot is lrgb using a clear luminance ch, it seems to add some more detail without altering the colour balance, an adc was used making the white light channel doable!

The image was taken using a C 9.25 - 4x powermate- adc- skyris 618!

rgb 15-4-07-22-27-32_hf.png2.png

lrgb 15-4-07a_hf.png2.png

42 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Very nice. Well done. Do you rember which moon that was that caused the shadow on Jupiter? As it has a reddish hue I'm thinking Io. ?

Cheers, The moon in shot is indeed io with Ganymede casting the shadow out of shot!

Cheers Martyn

22 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Very nice images Simon! Oh to have that kind of seeing now! :happy7:

Moving south Stuart, maybe like a few thousand miles lol, its very grim for us planetary guys for next few years with lower altitude showings!:sad2:

Real humdingers those Simon. Lovely detailed, beautifully processed images with lovely detail on the satellite. Yep, reading your last comment, things are indeed on the slide. Our southern hemisphere colleagues are favoured. Mars is going to be difficult here this year, I think, riding not that far above Antares - which collides with a lot of roofs in these parts!!! I think the Mars opposition in 2018 is to be another good one....well down here by then of course......aaaargh.

Regards,

Ralph

45 minutes ago, Virgoman said:

Real humdingers those Simon. Lovely detailed, beautifully processed images with lovely detail on the satellite. Yep, reading your last comment, things are indeed on the slide. Our southern hemisphere colleagues are favoured. Mars is going to be difficult here this year, I think, riding not that far above Antares - which collides with a lot of roofs in these parts!!! I think the Mars opposition in 2018 is to be another good one....well down here by then of course......aaaargh.

Regards,

Ralph

Thanks Ralph appreciated!

I was surprised how low mars will rise here in the uk, its going to be difficult unless we get exceptional seeing conditions!

Ive not had one decent image this year to date, maybe theres still time yet, the images above were shot in april last year!

Archived