NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 8-3-16

si@nite

My first post of the season, seeing was mushy yet again, struggling to get any real detail out which is a shame as the moons were putting on a good show for us!

Taken with a C11- x 2.5 powermate skyris 618!

rgb 1.png

rgb mono.png

How long have you been using the C 11 Simon ? I assume your collimation is tip top With no optical issues.

Seeing looks very mushy doesn't it

But hey, I am sure you remember my first post in ages, recently, where I also had poor seeing. And it was similar

Welcome back posting images Simon. You did as well as you could under those conditions. Just as a after thought, how are you cooling the scope ?

Hi Neil, the C11 is on loan from a mate, as ive been struggling with the big meade & new 236 m cam which is giving me a focal length headache due to the really small pixel size, im still trying to find the optimal set up but will get there soon hopefully!

The scope is usualy left out all afternoon to adjust so cooling not an issue!

Cheers also guys for the comments hope conditions improve soon!

Good to see you post again Simon. Not a lot you can do if the seeing is like this to be honest. You certainly don't give up so I expect you will be rewarded for your efforts very soon. It's got to get better, I mean it can't really get much worse that the last few months can it!!! 

What's the pixel size on that cam by the way?

Pete.

Great to get the two moons in transit with their shadows right underneath Simon. The seeing has been so frustrating. Wobbly, shimmering, images and even more annoying as you say Simon when there is an event underway. Let us hope that we get a prolonged period of settled conditions for planetary imaging- by heck we are due it!! Great to see your posts again Simon!

best regards,

Ralph

11 minutes ago, theo said:

Good to see you post again Simon. Not a lot you can do if the seeing is like this to be honest. You certainly don't give up so I expect you will be rewarded for your efforts very soon. It's got to get better, I mean it can't really get much worse that the last few months can it!!! 

What's the pixel size on that cam by the way?

Pete.

Cheers Pete, its been hard this time around with such a long spell of below average seeing, not the best time to get familiar with a new set up is it, the skyris 236m pixel size is 2.8 microns! It seems like 2x amplification maybe to much with  the meades  focal length + train & i need to come down further, smaller pixels obviously reach the optimum at a shorter focal lengths, I could r.o.i up but loose the fastest possible rates that 640 x 480 gives you! ( Maybe a focal reducer lol)

Archived