NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jellyfish with OIII added

MartinB

Olly mentioned recently about the OIII around the Jellyfish.  I imaged it with Ha and RGB 6 years ago so dug out that data and have now added 13x20mins OIII into the mix.  It's there but I didn't find it that easy to combine and keep it looking natural.

Scope: Tak FSQ 106

Camera: QSI 532wsg

Filters: Baader Ha and OIII  Astronomic for RGB

Captured with Maxim, deconvolved in CCDsharp and finished in PS.  That flippin bright star has had some very non PI therapy, there might have been some resort to clone stamping!

56d6b92918e88_JellyfishHaOIIIRGB.thumb.j

I think it looks great. My processing on this was much more gung-ho, I confess! Yours is nice and delicate. The trouble with the Jellyfish as a target is its rather uniform fusty red colour and I think the OIII really adds colour interest.

Olly

Thanks everyone for the comments.

6 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I think it looks great. My processing on this was much more gung-ho, I confess! Yours is nice and delicate. The trouble with the Jellyfish as a target is its rather uniform fusty red colour and I think the OIII really adds colour interest.

Olly

I had to hold back with the Ha to prevent it overwhelming the OIII so that helped.

Archived