Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroBoot new stuffs

Daniel-K

Those slightly out of collimation Quantum 5.2 binos look a bit of a bargain. I've collimated a couple of straight through binos in the past, so I'm wondering how much more difficult 45 degree binos would be? Hm?   

6 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

...The Cambridge Star Atlas for £7 is worth a shout.

Paul

It's a bit confusing, the pic shows the 2nd Edition but the text says it's the 3rd edition. The latter had a good moon map and some other decent improvements I recall.

The wooden bino tripod is a nice item - I used one just the same (also from Astroboot) to hold my Giro mount:

ed120woodtri01.JPG

1 hour ago, Chris Lock said:

Those slightly out of collimation Quantum 5.2 binos look a bit of a bargain. I've collimated a couple of straight through binos in the past, so I'm wondering how much more difficult 45 degree binos would be? Hm?   

I had them selected and ready to pay for before coming to my senses!!!

Must stop spending money!

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ditto, I was at the cheackout stage too! Then I reminded myself about all the money I still need to fork out for the house move fiasco as I'm now calling it lol.

We escaped, but I don't think they'll be there for long :)

15 minutes ago, John said:

I've got a pair of slightly out of collimation Japanese 20x80's already gathering dust in my astro cupboard - my other half occasionally reminds me about that unfinished project !

That's what made me stop John! I've just bought a pair of Opticron 20x80's so need to get some use out of those first!!

8 hours ago, Chris Lock said:

Ditto, I was at the cheackout stage too! Then I reminded myself about all the money I still need to fork out for the house move fiasco as I'm now calling it lol.

We escaped, but I don't think they'll be there for long :)

Hmm, I know that feeling. My wife keeps reminding me that the company I am MD of (and owner!) actually needs to start earning money before I can live my MD lifestyle ??

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Good for you Stu:thumbsup: I recall there was a post talking about responsibility once.....

Archived