Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Stu

Just desperate to see something through a scope!

The forecast was for a clear spell last night so I popped the scopes out in anticipation. The reality though was fairly hazy conditions where all I could see was the moon.

I persevered for a little while and had some nice views in the clearer spells. I particularly enjoyed the double shadow from the mountain peaks in the centre of the crater Langrenus, very nice.

750f150c88e8c7a1d9f7a441824a3bd8.jpg

34db88d38f57b33b353b6503d07ed83a.jpg

Just nice to see something through the scope!

• Like 8

These are slim picking times at the moment Stu, so we have to take what we can get :laugh: nice images by the way.

The forecast for Northants is showing sunshine for today and tomorrow afternoons so hopefully I can get some solar in.

• Like 1

Same here.  I want to try my new SW Star Adventurer with my Lunt so looking good for tomorrow.  Nights are a right off and have been for some time.  Still, we are lucky and have avoided the floods further East.

• Like 1

Nice images. The forecast here is dreadful, so it is nice to see others are getting some observation time in.

• Like 1

Are the images A-focal with phone?

Yes desperate to do some astro time, i have a 130p ds that i have yet to use and loads of things i want to do Luna wise

• Like 1

Are the images A-focal with phone?

Yes desperate to do some astro time, i have a 130p ds that i have yet to use and loads of things i want to do Luna wise

Yes Jules, iPhone 6 through the Tak and a 12.5mm BGO

• Like 1

Yes Jules, iPhone 6 through the Tak and a 12.5mm BGO

very good, i plan to try my Cubot P11 at the eyepiece as and when i can

Nice images.

Thanks for reminding us what our neighbour looks like. I could barely see it trying to bully it's way through the cloud, didn't bother with the scope, just a quick look through the window.

Nice catch with conditions. I too tried to get some images before the clouds came back, but in my rush I never focused the camera properly. Atleast I saw something.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Had another tweak with it using PS Express on the phone.

This was the original image (before any tweaking)

775a92b41108cbc1199b41aac144e770.jpg

This is after tweaking

44ce803332f451c0378d4ffc002b473a.jpg

• Like 2

Its been so grim for me i can see me pointing a TAL at the solar disk some time this week

• Like 1

Nice pics Stu :smiley:

Thats the Moon isn't it ? - it's been so long I'm starting to forget ........ :undecided:

• Like 3

Nice pics Stu :smiley:

Thats the Moon isn't it ? - it's been so long I'm starting to forget ........ :undecided:

Yes John, I believe it is but I had to check on SkySafari to be sure [emoji6][emoji12]

• Like 3