Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc2244 Rosette Nebula in Ha

ChrisLX200

First clear sky for weeks and everything thankfully still works ;-)  This image is a semi-wide field view with the big G4-16000 camera strutting it's stuff with a 3nM Chroma Ha filter. I'm getting the hang of its little eccentricities and feeling more comfortable using it.

Scope: Televue NP127is @ 660mm f/l

CCD: Moravian G4-16000 @ 1x1

Mount: 10-Micron GM2000HPS

Guide: unguided

Fitlers: Chroma 3nM Ha

Data: 8 x 1200s

ngc2244%20Ha%20ST_zpsw1ot1gfd.png

Well worth viewing the full res image if you can, the wealth of detail doesn't show up otherwise!

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/ChrisLX200/media/Astro%20-%20Images%20G4-16000/ngc2244%20Ha%20ST_zpsw1ot1gfd.png.html

ChrisH

Thanks Sara, the .PNG file showed the fainter outer areas all in one solid shade of grey, I don't know why (or even if it was my monitor because it looked OK on the Obs monitor when I uploaded it). Anyway, the jpg looks better on this monitor which I'm using now.

ChrisH

Lovely widefield Chris, it's refreshing to see the Rosette floating in plenty of space rather than being right up against the edge of the frame. The jpg looks great on my screen.

Thanks Martin, the more I use the G4 then the more I'm liking it. Despite a month being sat in the shed uncovered and unused the desiccant seems to be unaffected and no mist on camera window ;-)  Even SGPro seems to work with it now (I had issues with it dropping the connection during cooldown phase before but I've not had it since). I'm a bit wary of upgrading to ASCOM 6.2 but I guess I'm going to have to sooner or later...

ChrisH

Thanks Matt!

Ray: I never regret buying this NP127is, if it isn't the best imaging OTA on the market it must be pretty close! It never fails to impress with the detail it can show even compared to much larger aperture instruments.

Freddie: As far as I can tell the Chroma filters have no vices at all, but I cannot compare like with like for a direct test. They are not a cheap alternative to Astrodon now unfortunately, prices have gone up.

ChrisH

Looks great, clean as well! :)

Fancy going over it in OIII? I think we might be in for another clear break on Friday so its a good time to do it.

Yes, well the intention is there - I'm not sure about the weather though the forecast looks grim here :-(

ChrisH

Archived