NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC7139 Another small PN

Freddie

I've given up all hope of adding any data to this any time soon so decided to process what I had. This is 8 x 20mins Ha and 6 x 3mins each for R, G and B with Ha as an L layer. I also did a version with the Ha blended into red but prefer this. Took a bit of post processing to get the colour balance to something I liked as the Ha L layer tends to turn things a bit pink.

Again it's a pretty small target and this is ~80% of my FOV having cropped off misaligned edges.

This PN hasn't been posted on here before so hope you like it.

post-7987-0-52484300-1449072589.png

and a bit of a zoom in

post-7987-0-54734400-1449073177.png

I wouldn't worry about the FL. This kind of image reminds us of the endgames of stars. Imagine a time lapse in which each star in your field ended its days according to its mass, putting on one last show. I think this a nice way to show PNs and makes us think.

Olly

Thanks for your comments everyone. I like the way these small PNs emerge from the field of stars and just hover there. A bit of a zoom is nice to see the structure but it's pretty subtle on this compared to some of the others I have done.

Wim, this one can be found in Cepheus.

Archived