SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The little sombrero NGC 7814

orionoffelt

I had a go at this little galaxy and got 12 x 10 minutes of Luminance on 09-10 and 02-11-15 the weather has been against me to get any more data I combined this with some old RGB data of 15 x 10 min and 8 x 7 minutes this old RGB data was poor with some eggy stars but I hope to get some new colour data at some stage I thought I would still post it as it is a galaxy which seems not to be imaged often not much to it apart from the dust lane. QHY8Pro and QHY9m cameras and Celestron 280 mm scope at F 6.3.

Bob

post-1937-0-29938300-1447169043_thumb.jp

Thanks for the replies my new Luminance data showed up other background galaxies but due to my old RGB data being way out of frame I had to crop it a fair bit so lost a lot of the background this was my Luminance image   https://www.flickr.com/photos/bmgscott/22690342010/in/datetaken/  I will get some new RGB when I can.

Bob

Archived