Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RASA Meets M31

skygeezer

Lots of signal! Good resolution, too. I don't think 240 seconds is all that short at this F ratio but the image does look a little black clipped to my eye. This object has a lovely faint outer glow, very extended, and I think it may have been clipped out?

Olly

Lots of signal! Good resolution, too. I don't think 240 seconds is all that short at this F ratio but the image does look a little black clipped to my eye. This object has a lovely faint outer glow, very extended, and I think it may have been clipped out?

Olly

Thanks for the feedback, Olly. I'm always looking for ways to improve my processing since I'm relatively new to it. I checked my histogram in levels (Photoshop) and the black point is actually to the left of the toe. I may have introduced an artifact at some step in my processing but not sure. The nice thing is, I have the data and can practice iterations of processing and see if I can improve. But honestly, if you hadn't told me of the issue my inexperienced eye wouldn't have noticed it! So, thanks for pointing it out!

Curt

• 2 weeks later...

Archived