Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heart nebula in hubble palette

Martin-Devon

After many months of half-finished images, I finally managed to complete this one on the Heart nebula. It's a 4 frame mosaic with just 16 hours of 10 minute subs across H-alpha and OIII. Not enough data really, and the OIII had to be done during moonless nights and these were far from perfect to be honest. Looking forward to the longer nights that are now approaching though. 

Thanks for looking,

Martin

22153705139_26b4b2a04e_c.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

Pipnina, often with hubble palette based images it's easy to get blue or dark-ish halos around the stars due to the OIII stars being more bloated than the HA ones. Some folk simply reduce star size just on the OIII layer, others use the reduce colour noise filter in Photoshop - I've done the latter for this image.

Martin

I'm really pleased to see another of your images with your charcteristic dedication and diligent data collection, sharpness and smooth background: no evidence of this being a 4-pane mosaic.

My only constructive observation is that Melotte 15 seems a little lost in the bright signal.  I like the orangey/yellow tone to the HOO blend.

Good stuff Martin.

Archived