Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi All. First Time Here & I'm Confused :) - Pembs Wales UK

iLMio Stef

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and may I add my welcome post to go with the other Guys Stef.

Lots of well deserved accolades for your Images, and I'm sure we can look forward to many more from you in the future.

SGL's membership has another fine addition, , and I hope you enjoy it here.

You live in a lovely part of Wales, I had the privilege of staying in Pembroke Dock for almost two years, and loved every moment of it,

and the people too. Great times there.

Best Wishes.

Ron.

Thanks Ron

I am actually from Pembroke Dock good call. were you working down this way?

Im sure it will be great i am in communication with an astrophysicist as well who is still into it and assisting in depth lol  alot of things to learn

stef 

Thanks Ron

I am actually from Pembroke Dock good call. were you working down this way?

Im sure it will be great i am in communication with an astrophysicist as well who is still into it and assisting in depth lol  alot of things to learn

stef 

Well Stef, I have to confess it was an enforced stay, but still a most enjoyable one.

I was in the Army at the time, so you had to go where they sent you, fortunately in my case, they couldn't have chosen better.

I've been back a couple of times, driven by nostalgia, but one can never turn back time unfortunately.

I now rely on very pleasant memories.

@barkis

I See Ron down in lovely Castlemartin, my brother in law has a WO1 job down there at the moment on ummmm techQM i think. ex welsh guard myself....

we love it and that area is well dark of an evening more so after midnight when they turn all the street lights off so save the old electric.

stef

Thanks Dai ( @daiwelly )

The forum seems a friendly place, i want to be able to take on a steep learning curve and be at the top of what i can do. If i have to have nights and nights of wasted time producing images out of focus or trailing making mistakes is the best way to learn. i would love then to be able to pass on my findings to others.

i was advised to look at images to see what people have used but i have looked at a lot of images that have no information on the images to help me decide how to tell what equipment was used. do you know what to look for?

i may produce a list of what i was thinking and see if people could show the difference of the images taken with each.

stef

i was advised to look at images to see what people have used but i have looked at a lot of images that have no information on the images to help me decide how to tell what equipment was used. do you know what to look for?

Hi and welcome,  a good place to look at images & with details is the Astrobin website,  some outstanding stuff there.

Anyhow got to sort my kit out for a circular trip up through The Black Mountains, Mid Wales to Elan Valley, then down through Cwmystwyth to the coast at,Aberystwyth, Fish and Chips in Aberaeron and maybe even a detour to Cenarth falls... Who knows where I will end up...

Peter...

We're in Aberporth at the moment. It's cloudy.:'(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived