NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wondering what does a Rowan belt mod look like?

Owmuchonomy

Whilst I was tinkering yesterday I took a few pictures of my mount for my future blog.  Then I thought some folks might wonder what a Rowan belt mod looks like? If so, here is a photo of mine on my 9 year old HEQ5 Pro. I fitted it earlier in the year.  Subjectively it made the mount quieter and easier to adjust. Objectively there is very little backlash especially in Dec validated by watching the calibration in PHD. No, or at most 1, nudge is required to bring the star back to centre in striking contrast to before the mod when up to 6 steps may be required. I hope its useful.

post-35542-0-06182000-1442844928.jpg

I plan to mode my Sirius mount also. I would like to see a pic of how it looks with the white spacer plate and black mount ...

I contacted Dave Rose at Rowan Engineering and he said that they only provide the plate in that color but that I could paint it.

"Painting the spacer is possible. The material is acrylic which show be able to be sprayed . Unfortunately we don't offer a painting service."

My mount is black like yours and has the red plastic circle on the DEC axis as pictured above. Since the spacer plate is white I was thinking of painting mine using the same red :)

I plan to mode my Sirius mount also. I would like to see a pic of how it looks with the white spacer plate and black mount ...

I contacted Dave Rose at Rowan Engineering and he said that they only provide the plate in that color but that I could paint it.

"Painting the spacer is possible. The material is acrylic which show be able to be sprayed . Unfortunately we don't offer a painting service."

My mount is black like yours and has the red plastic circle on the DEC axis as pictured above. Since the spacer plate is white I was thinking of painting mine using the same red :)

You could do that quite easily if you are concerned about cosmetics. I'm quite happy with mine as it is. You can see the white spacer in this picture.

post-35542-0-56208700-1442855718_thumb.j

Yes that looks alright.

Nice setup and obsy by the way :)

It's true that I like to have gear that looks good ... That's why I really like my black Sirious mount. Not to offend anyone here but I prefer it to the white HEQ5.

To each is own :tongue:

Archived